Webinar Replay: TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) Advisor Webinar with Crossings and BayCare Health
Does your organization have challenges with electronic ordering of Parenteral Nutrition (PN)? PN is a high-alert medication which requires a complex and lengthy ordering process that can be prone to medication errors during the ordering, compounding and administration phases. The Crossings Healthcare PN Advisor facilitates an easy electronic ordering process in Cerner with built-in decision support that includes intuitive workflows that facilitate both custom and pre-mix ordering PN processes.
Learn how Universal Health Services and BayCare Health are successfully using the Crossings Healthcare Solutions developed Parenteral Nutrition Advisor, an interactive advisor that facilitates inpatient parenteral nutrition (PN) management on the Cerner platform. The Parenteral Nutrition advisor comes with a host of benefits including, but not limited to: Seamless Cerner EMR Integration, clinical decision support and reference range alerting for proper ingredient dosing, and order variation reduction within the parenteral nutrition ordering process.
During this webinar, you’ll learn how the Advisor displays PN-related medications, related labs and relevant patient data during the ordering process.
Other highlights include:
- Automatic salt conversion for pharmacy and simply daily electrolyte order format for providers
- Previous day PN comparison
- Ability to place relevant lab orders for the next day
- Age-based calculations and flexing based on age
- Flexing based on facility product availability
- Intuitive electronic order verification for nursing during administration to minimize errors
- Compatibility with CAPS interface for compounding facilitates comprehensive documentation of team rounding and transitional care planning
- Developed to enhance communication between disciplines and to assist in reduction of adverse events such as hospital-acquired conditions and readmissions
Webinar Replay: Florida Passes New Law for Opioids: Learn How the Crossings Healthcare Solutions Opioid Advisor Can Help
In response to the growing opioid epidemic, the Florida legislature has passed a strict law that impacts providers who prescribe controlled substances. Providers now face increased documentation requirements around type of pain, reason for administering an opioid, and duration of treatment. They must also concurrently prescribe an opioid antagonist for schedule II opioids used for the treatment of pain related to certain traumatic injuries.
UHS hospitals are successfully using the Crossings Healthcare Solutions Opioid Advisor on the Cerner platform.
Listen to this webinar to learn more >